The Community Foundation of the Great River Bend provides philanthropic services to help meet diverse needs in communities throughout our service area. One way the Community Foundation has achieved this goal is through the development of Affiliate Foundations.
What is an Affiliate of the Community Foundation of the Great River Bend?
An Affiliate Foundation serves a county or a city and operates under the fiscal management and guidance of a lead community foundation, which has met National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations. The Community Foundation of the Great River Bend has met National Standards and is the lead Community Foundation to 11 Affiliate Foundations.
Benefits of Becoming an Affiliate of the Community Foundation of the Great River Bend
• Legal expertise
• Administrative staff support
• Access to the online Affiliate Network
• Education and marketing guidance
Affiliate Foundations are led by a local volunteer Affiliate Board, made up of community leaders and may or may not have a paid support staff. Each Affiliate Foundation focuses on serving its community and emphasizes local decision-making and grantmaking. In 2003 our first Affiliate Foundation, Geneseo Is For Tomorrow (GIFT), was established.
The Community Foundation is proud to be the lead Community Foundation to the following Affiliate Foundations in both eastern Iowa and western Illinois:
• Community Foundation of Cedar County
• Community Foundation of Des Moines County
• Community Foundation of Louisa County
• Community Foundation of North Lee County
• Community Foundation of Van Buren County
• Community Foundation of Washington County
• Davenport Legacy Foundation
• Fulton Association for Community Enrichment (FACE)
• Geneseo Is For Tomorrow (GIFT)
• Morrison Area Community Foundation
• Mount Carroll Community Foundation
Supporting Rural Philanthropy
Through its network of Affiliate Foundations, the Community Foundation is working to address the unique set of challenges faced by rural communities in the area. By supporting the Affiliate Boards in their effort to build endowments and increase strategic grantmaking in their area, the Community Foundation is taking steps to realize its vision of a stronger future for our region.